New York mayor wants crypto in schools
- New York mayor-elect Eric Adams has said he wants young people to be educated on crypto.
- “When I talked about blockchain and Bitcoins, young people on the street stopped and asked me, ‘What is that?’”
- Adams, a former captain in the NYPD said he wants youths to know Bitcoin means a “new way of paying for goods and services throughout the entire globe.”
- “And that’s what we must do – open our schools to teach the technology and teach this new way of thinking,” said Adams.
- Asked if crypto could make its way into the education system as a method of payment for tuition, Adams said they’re considering it, but treading carefully as they “want to get it right.”
- Similarly to Miami mayor Francis Suarez, Adams has also said he wants to take his initial salary in Bitcoin.
- “In New York we always go big, so I’m going to take my first three paychecks in Bitcoin when I become mayor,” Mr Adams wrote in a Twitter post.
Did you find this useful?