Pennsylvania school to accept tuition fees in BTC
- Wharton business school at the University of Pennsylvania announced that students who sign up for an online course called “Economics of Blockchain and Digital Assets” can pay for their tuition in cryptocurrency.
- Students who enroll will have the choice between making payments in Bitcoin, Ethereum, and USDC stablecoin.
- “It costs less than one Ethereum [token] at current prices,” said Reed Cataldo, a course administrator. At the time the comment was made, Ethereum was worth roughly $4,000.
- Although crypto payments are reserved for those who enroll in the course, Cataldo said that crypto-payment options could become available to the broader Wharton business school, among others, in the future.
- This is the second American college to accept Bitcoin.
Did you find this useful?